Cubs' Brandon Morrow (biceps) plays long toss Wednesday
Chicago Cubs pitcher Brandon Morrow (biceps) played long toss from a distance of 105 feet on Wednesday.
Morrow could potentially be back in the next couple of weeks if he continues to progress through his rehab without issue. The 34-year-old right-hander hasn't pitched in the second half due to a biceps injury. Pedro Strop has seen most of the ninth-inning work for the Cubs, with Jesse Chavez also getting some recent opportunities.
Morrow averaged 4.8 FanDuel points per outing and converted on 22-of-24 save chances for the Cubs before the All-Star break. He owns a 1.47 ERA with 31 strikeouts and 9 walks across 30 2/3 innings.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019