Zion Williamson picked No. 1 overall by New Orleans
With the first pick of the 2019 NBA Draft, the New Orleans Pelicans selected Zion Williamson out of Duke University.
This comes as no surprise, as Williamson was expected to be the top selection in the draft essentially since high school. The only question was which team would pick him, and when the Pelicans won the lottery, they cashed in on the prized prospect.
At Duke as a freshman, Williamson averaged 22.6 points, 8.9 rebounds, 2.1 assists, 2.1 steals and 1.8 blocks.
- Milwaukee's Eric Bledsoe (rib injury) participates in non-contact drills on Wednesday October 16th, 2019
- Anthony Davis (thumb) good to go for Lakers October 16th, 2019
- Anthony Davis day-to-day for Lakers with thumb sprain October 15th, 2019
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (foot) cleared for non-contact practice October 14th, 2019
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum (illness) ruled out Tuesday October 14th, 2019
- Suns' Dario Saric (quad) questionable for Monday October 14th, 2019
- Zion Williamson (knee) expected to miss start of Pelicans' season October 18th, 2019
- Pelicans aquire Derrick Favors from the Jazz for draft picks July 1st, 2019
- J.J. Redick reportedly agrees to a two-year deal with New Orleans June 30th, 2019
- Pelicans select Jaxson Hayes at No. 8 June 20th, 2019
- Zion Williamson picked No. 1 overall by New Orleans June 20th, 2019
- Pelicans ship Solomon Hill to Atlanta in pick swap June 20th, 2019