Report: Lakers deal contracts and pick to Wizards, clear space for max offer
The Los Angeles Lakers are trading Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, Jemerrio Jones, and a 2022 second-round pick to the Washington Wizards as part of the Anthony Davis deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
The Wizards are sending cash to the Pelicans to complete the deal. Davis is also waiving his $4 million trade kicker, giving the Lakers $32 million in cap space -- enough to sign a third max player. Woj adds that the Wizards had draft interest in Wagner, so he could see opportunity in Washington.
Wagner averaged 10.4 minutes in 43 games for the Lakers as a rookie, highlighted by 22 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, and 1 triple in 34.1 minutes on March 9.
- New Orleans' Frank Jackson (neck) questionable for Tuesday's matchup against Portland November 18th, 2019
- Clippers' Kawhi Leonard (knee) ruled out on Monday November 18th, 2019
- Minnesota's Andrew Wiggins (illness) inactive on Monday November 18th, 2019
- Lonzo Ball (groin) questionable for Pelicans on Tuesday November 18th, 2019
- Jahlil Okafor (left ankle) doubtful for Pelicans on Tuesday November 18th, 2019
- Brandon Ingram (right knee) questionable for Pelicans on Tuesday November 18th, 2019
- Bradley Beal scores 44 in Wizards' loss on Wednesday November 13th, 2019
- Wizards' Isaac Bonga playing with the second unit on Friday November 8th, 2019
- Troy Brown starting for Washington on Friday, Isaac Bonga coming off the bench November 8th, 2019
- Wizards' Isaac Bonga moving to bench Friday November 7th, 2019
- Wizards' Jordan McRae (finger) questionable on Wednesday November 5th, 2019
- Ish Smith moving to Wizards' bench Monday, Isaiah Thomas starting November 4th, 2019