Elfrid Payton reportedly signing a two-year deal with the Knicks
The New York Knicks have signed free agent point guard Elfrid Payton to a two-year, $16M deal, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Payton played well down the stretch for the New Orleans Pelicans but the guard is expected to only sere a backup role behind Dennis Smith Jr. in New York. The deal contains a team option for the second year, leaving the Knicks with flexibility and cap space again next summer.
Payton averaged 10.6 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 7.6 assists per game last season.
- Milwaukee's Eric Bledsoe (rib injury) participates in non-contact drills on Wednesday October 16th, 2019
- Anthony Davis (thumb) good to go for Lakers October 16th, 2019
- Anthony Davis day-to-day for Lakers with thumb sprain October 15th, 2019
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (foot) cleared for non-contact practice October 14th, 2019
- Celtics' Jayson Tatum (illness) ruled out Tuesday October 14th, 2019
- Suns' Dario Saric (quad) questionable for Monday October 14th, 2019
- Knicks reportedly sign Bobby Portis to a two-year, $31M deal July 1st, 2019
- Elfrid Payton reportedly signing a two-year deal with the Knicks July 1st, 2019
- Julius Randle reportedly agrees to a three-year deal with the Knicks June 30th, 2019
- Kevin Durant reportedly announcing decision Sunday night June 30th, 2019
- Knicks snag RJ Barrett with No. 3 selection June 20th, 2019
- Knicks exercise Allonzo Trier's team option June 15th, 2019