Washington's Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles
The Washington Wizards have traded center Dwight Howard to the Memphis Grizzlies for forward C.J. Miles, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard is expected to be waived or traded by Memphis as they continue to try to get under the salary cap for the 2019-20 season. The veteran big man should find plenty of suitors as a backup big if he becomes a free agent.
Howard played in just 9 games last season, averaging 12.9 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks per game.
- Pelicans' Jahlil Okafor (ankle) out on Thursday November 21st, 2019
- Pelicans' Lonzo Ball (groin) on a minutes limit Thursday November 21st, 2019
- Suns' Tyler Johnson starting in place of injured Ricky Rubio (back) November 21st, 2019
- Suns' Ricky Rubio (back) won't play on Thursday November 21st, 2019
- Warriors' Draymond Green (heel) questionable on Friday November 21st, 2019
- Anfernee Simons (ankle) to play with Portland's second unit Thursday November 21st, 2019
- Lakers' Avery Bradley (leg) sidelined through Thanksgiving November 21st, 2019
- Kyle Kuzma (eye) expected to play Friday for Lakers November 20th, 2019
- Anthony Davis packs box score for Lakers with 34, plenty more November 20th, 2019
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (shoulder) available for Sunday's matchup against Atlanta November 17th, 2019
- Kyle Kuzma heads to the bench for Los Angeles with Anthony Davis rejoining the starting lineup on Friday November 15th, 2019
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope starting for Lakers on Friday in place of injured Avery Bradley November 15th, 2019