Washington's Dwight Howard traded to Memphis for C.J. Miles
The Washington Wizards have traded center Dwight Howard to the Memphis Grizzlies for forward C.J. Miles, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Howard is expected to be waived or traded by Memphis as they continue to try to get under the salary cap for the 2019-20 season. The veteran big man should find plenty of suitors as a backup big if he becomes a free agent.
Howard played in just 9 games last season, averaging 12.9 points, 9.2 rebounds, and 0.4 blocks per game.
- The Athletic: Sixers will likely include Shake Milton in starting lineup May 30th, 2020
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- NBA expected to resume July 31 with 22 teams June 3rd, 2020
- Lakers' Dwight Howard (illness) will play on Thursday March 11th, 2020
- Lakers' LeBron James (groin) upgraded to probable on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Lakers' Dwight Howard (illness) out for Tuesday's matchup against Brooklyn March 10th, 2020
- LeBron James (groin) plans to play for Lakers against Nets March 10th, 2020
- LeBron James (groin) questionable for Lakers on Tuesday March 10th, 2020