Zion Williamson (knee) expected to miss start of Pelicans' season
New Orleans Pelicans rookie small forward Zion Williamson is expected to miss a period of weeks to start the season, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Woj adds that it's not a severe injury and that the Pelicans are erring on the extreme side of caution. Look for Williamson to return by mid-November. He averaged 23.3 points per game this preseason, becoming the first rookie to average over 20.0 points since NBA preseason statistics became available in 2005. Williamson is also the only player since 2005-06 to average 20-plus points per game in the preseason while shooting over 70.0 percent from the field.
numberFire's models currently project Zion for 18.3 points, 9.3 boards, 3.0 dimes, 1.7 swipes, 1.4 swats, and 0.8 treys per contest this season.
- Lakers' Anthony Davis (shoulder) available for Sunday's matchup against Atlanta November 17th, 2019
- Golden State's Alec Burks starting for inactive D'Angelo Russell on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Rockets' Danuel House (back) probable for Monday's game against Portland November 17th, 2019
- Houston's Clint Capela (concussion) probable on Monday November 17th, 2019
- Denver's Will Barton (adductor) active on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Jonathan Isaac (ankle) out again for Orlando on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Pelicans' Jaxson Hayes starting for injured Derrick Favors (back) on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Pelicans' J.J. Redick (toe) will play in Sunday's matchup against Golden State November 17th, 2019
- New Orleans' Frank Jackson (neck) ruled out on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- New Orleans' Brandon Ingram (knee) inactive on Sunday November 17th, 2019
- Derrick Favors (back) ruled out for New Orleans on Sunday after exiting Saturday's game early November 17th, 2019
- Pelicans' Derrick Favors (back) doubtful for Sunday's game against Golden State November 17th, 2019