Danny Green leads Lakers, breaks franchise record in debut
Los Angeles Lakers guard/forward Danny Green scored 28 points (10-of-14 field goals, 1-of-1 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block, and 7 3-pointers in a 112-102 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans in Tuesday's season opener.
Green led the team in scoring and broke Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's franchise record for most points in a Lakers debut. Anthony Davis was close with 25. He scored 18 in the third quarter alone. Green is highly unlikely to maintain this sort of production or efficiency throughout the season. He also figures to see less usage when Kyle Kuzma (left foot stress reaction) and Rajon Rondo (calf) are active. The Lakers' next game is on Friday against the Utah Jazz.
Green scored 33.0 FanDuel points on Tuesday. numberFire's models project him for 10.3 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.7 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.8 blocks, and 2.3 triples per contest over the rest of the season.
- Blake Griffin (knee) questionable for Detroit on Monday December 15th, 2019
- Moe Wagner (ankle) will remain out for Wizards on Monday December 15th, 2019
- Al Horford (knee) active and starting for 76ers on Sunday in place of injured Joel Embiid December 15th, 2019
- Jae Crowder (ankle) questionable for Memphis on Monday December 15th, 2019
- Al Horford (knee) active for 76ers on Sunday December 15th, 2019
- Cody Zeller starting for Hornets on Sunday in place of injured P.J. Washington December 15th, 2019
- Lakers' LeBron James (elbow) active on Sunday December 15th, 2019
- Lakers' Kyle Kuzma (ankle) remains out on Sunday December 14th, 2019
- LeBron James (elbow) questionable for Lakers on Sunday December 14th, 2019
- Lakers' JaVale McGee grabs 10 rebounds, blocks 5 shots Friday December 14th, 2019
- Anthony Davis records 33-point double-double in Lakers' win December 13th, 2019
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (hamstring) available on Friday December 13th, 2019