Dennis Smith Jr. (personal) likely out for Knicks until Saturday
New York Knicks point guard Dennis Smith Jr. (personal) is unlikely to rejoin the team during their upcoming two-game road trip, head coach David Fizdale said.
Smith is tending to the death of his stepmom. He's missed the last four games. Following the short road trip, the Knicks return home on Saturday for a game against the Cleveland Cavaliers. Frank Ntilikina will remain the Knicks' starting point for Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons and Friday's against the Dallas Mavericks. Elfrid Payton (strained right hamstring) has already been ruled out for both games.
DSJ is averaging 8.7 minutes and 4.2 FanDuel points through three games.
- Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo (quad) starting on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Tyus Jones starting for Memphis Friday in place of Ja Morant (rest) December 13th, 2019
- Nicolas Batum (hand) ruled out for Hornets again on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Hornets' Malik Monk (finger) available to play on Friday December 13th, 2019
- New Orleans' Derrick Favors (personal) starting on Friday, Jahlil Okafor to bench December 13th, 2019
- Jahlil Okafor to play with Pelicans' second unit Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Allonzo Trier (concussion-like symptoms) downgraded to doubtful Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Dennis Smith Jr. (illness) probable Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Wayne Ellington (Achilles) out on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Dennis Smith (illness) ruled out for Knicks on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Woj: Knicks reportedly fire David Fizdale on Friday December 6th, 2019
- Knicks' Damyean Dotson (finger) questionable to return Thursday December 5th, 2019