RJ Barrett bounces back for Knicks with 21 points, 9 assists
New York Knicks small forward RJ Barrett scored 21 points (8-of-16 field goals, 3-of-6 free throws) with 6 rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals, 2 3-pointers, and 2 turnovers in 31.7 minutes of a 120-102 loss to the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday.
The assists set a new career-high for the 3rd overall pick and Barrett has now scored over 20 points in four games. He shot much better after going a combined 5-for-20 in the previous two games. This was the first time Barrett made at least half of his shot attempts since his NBA debut. Barrett is only shooting 41.0 percent from the floor through 11 games, but he's averaging 16.0 points, 5.8 rebounds, 4.1 assists, 1.4 steals, and 1.3 treys. The Knicks will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday.
Barrett scored a season-best 45.7 FanDuel points on Tuesday. numberFire's models project him for 10.8 points, 4.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists, 0.8 steals, and 1.2 triples per contest over the rest of the season.
- New Orleans' Derrick Favors (personal) starting on Friday, Jahlil Okafor to bench December 13th, 2019
- Jahlil Okafor to play with Pelicans' second unit Friday December 13th, 2019
- Pacers' JaKarr Sampson (back) won't play on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Lakers' Rajon Rondo (hamstring) available on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo (quad) probable for Friday's matchup against Memphis December 13th, 2019
- Austin Rivers (illness) available for Rockets on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Allonzo Trier (concussion-like symptoms) downgraded to doubtful Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Dennis Smith Jr. (illness) probable Friday December 13th, 2019
- Knicks' Wayne Ellington (Achilles) out on Friday December 13th, 2019
- Dennis Smith (illness) ruled out for Knicks on Wednesday December 11th, 2019
- Woj: Knicks reportedly fire David Fizdale on Friday December 6th, 2019
- Knicks' Damyean Dotson (finger) questionable to return Thursday December 5th, 2019