Zion Williamson (knee) will start for Pelicans in NBA debut
New Orleans Pelicans small forward Zion Williamson (right knee surgery) will start on Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs.
The Pelicans want Williamson to play in short bursts in his NBA debut. There won't be a hard minutes restriction, but ESPN's Andrew Lopez expects Williamson to play about 15-20 minutes. Jaxson Hayes will likely be replaced in the first unit.
Williamson averaged 23.3 points per game in the preseason, becoming the first rookie to average over 20.0 points since NBA preseason statistics became available in 2005. Williamson is also the only player since 2005-06 to average 20-plus preseason points per game while shooting over 70.0 percent from the field.
- Davis Bertans (knee) ruled out for Wizards on Monday February 24th, 2020
- 76ers' Ben Simmons (back) not expected to return any time soon February 24th, 2020
- Tobias Harris (knee) available for 76ers on Monday February 24th, 2020
- Draymond Green (pelvic) questionable for Warriors on Tuesday February 24th, 2020
- Marquese Chriss (calf) questionable for Warriors on Tuesday February 24th, 2020
- Andrew Wiggins (leg) questionable for Golden State on Tuesday February 24th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) starting for Pelicans on Friday, Josh Hart coming off the bench February 21st, 2020
- Zion Williamson raises career-high to 32 points in Pelicans' loss February 14th, 2020
- Pelicans' Brandon Ingram (ankle) sidelined again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) a GTD for Pelicans again Thursday February 13th, 2020
- Brandon Ingram (ankle) questionable for Pelicans on Thursday February 12th, 2020
- Zion Williamson scores career-high 31, Pelicans trounce Trail Blazers February 12th, 2020