Zion Williamson scores career-high 31, Pelicans trounce Trail Blazers
New Orleans Pelicans rookie small forward Zion Williamson scored 31 points (10-of-17 field goals, 11-of-14 free throws) with 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, and 2 turnovers in a 138-117 demolition of the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday.
Williamson set new career-highs in points, made field goals, and made free throws in his return from a one-game absence for an ankle injury. He also matched personal-bests in assists and attempted free throws. He's scored at least 20 points in five straight games and seven of nine overall while shooting at a 57.6 percent clip. The Pelicans will host the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday in their last game before the All-Star break.
Zion scored 50.3 FanDuel points on Tuesday. numberFire's models project him for 16.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, 2.0 assists, 0.8 steals, 0.5 blocks, and 1.1 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Sacramento Kings postponed on Wednesday due to illness concerns March 11th, 2020
- Zion Williamson good to go Wednesday for Pelicans' back-to-back March 4th, 2020
- Lonzo Ball almost has 19-point triple-double, Pelicans fall to Lakers March 2nd, 2020
- Pelicans' J.J. Redick (hamstring) out at least 2 weeks March 1st, 2020
- New Orleans' J.J. Redick (hamstring) out for Sunday's game against Lakers February 29th, 2020
- J.J. Redick (hamstring) will not return for Pelicans on Friday February 28th, 2020