Trail Blazers' Anfernee Simons scores season-high 22
Portland Trail Blazers shooting guard Anfernee Simons scored a season-high 22 points (7-of-12 field goals, 2-of-2 free throws) with 7 rebounds, 1 assist, 6 3-pointers, and 1 turnover in 27.8 minutes of a 111-104 loss to the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday.
Simons had only scored 20-plus points one previous time in his career before Wednesday. He also set a season-high for made threes, finishing one short of his personal-best. Damian Lillard is scheduled to undergo an MRI Thursday after injuring his groin late in the fourth quarter. If Lillard misses time, Simons would see a boost.
Simons scored a season-best 30.9 FanDuel points on Wednesday. He's averaging 14.8 FanDuel points through 55 games this season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- Portland's Jusuf Nurkic (leg) to make 2019-20 debut on March 15 March 6th, 2020
- Damian Lillard scores 22 points for Trail Blazers in return March 5th, 2020
- Trail Blazers' Gary Trent Jr. back with second unit Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Damian Lillard (groin) starting for Trail Blazers on Wednesday following six-game absence March 4th, 2020
- Damian Lillard (groin) returning for Portland Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Portland's Damian Lillard (groin) probable for Wednesday's matchup against Wizards March 3rd, 2020