Jayson Tatum scores 39 with 9 boards, Celtics defeat Clippers in 2OT
Boston Celtics forward Jayson Tatum scored 39 points (14-of-23 field goals, 6-of-10 free throws) with 9 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block, 5 3-pointers, and 4 turnovers in 47.9 minutes of a 141-133 double-overtime win over the Los Angeles Clippers on Thursday.
Tatum has now scored at least 25 points six times in the last seven games and made at least half of his field goal attempts in five of the past eight. He's averaging career-highs in all counting categories as Tatum prepares for his All-Star debut. The Celtics will visit the Minnesota Timberwolves on February 21 in their first game out of the break.
Tatum scored 53.3 FanDuel points on Thursday. numberFire's models project him for 20.4 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists, 1.2 steals, 0.8 blocks, and 1.7 triples per game over the rest of the season.
- Jazz's Rudy Gobert, Donovan Mitchell medically cleared from COVID-19 March 27th, 2020
- Detroit's Christian Wood reportedly cleared from coronavirus on Wednesday night March 26th, 2020
- Warriors' Klay Thompson participating in drills March 22nd, 2020
- Kevin Durant, 3 other Nets test positive for coronavirus March 17th, 2020
- NBA (COVID-19) best-case for return is reportedly mid-June March 16th, 2020
- Pistons' Christian Wood tests positive for coronavirus March 15th, 2020
- NBA suspension to likely last over 2 weeks March 12th, 2020
- Kemba Walker (knee) playing 30-32 minutes for Celtics on Tuesday March 10th, 2020
- Celtics' Robert Williams (back) probable for Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Jaylen Brown (hamstring) remaining out for Celtics on Tuesday March 9th, 2020
- Celtics' Semi Ojeleye back to the bench for Sunday night March 8th, 2020
- Gordon Hayward starting for Celtics on Sunday, Semi Ojeleye coming off the bench March 8th, 2020