Ben Simmons (back) reportedly out for 76ers at least 2 more weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in approximately 2 weeks, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is dealing with a nerve impingement in his lower back that he suffered during Saturday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. He will undergo daily treatment and rehab but isn't expected to return in two weeks, per ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Joel Embiid, Tobias Harris, and Josh Richardson will pick up the slack on offense amongst the 76ers' starters. Raul Neto, Shake Milton, and Alec Burks figure to form a committee at point guard.
Simmons is averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game this season. Embiid scored a career-high 49 points without Simmons on Sunday, finishing with a season-high 78.3 FanDuel points.
- Kyrie Irving (ankle) X-rays negative, uncertain for Nets in Game 5 June 14th, 2021
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- Will Barton starting for Denver in Game 4 on Sunday, Austin Rivers coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nuggets' Monte Morris starting in Game 4 on Sunday, Facundo Campazzo coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) will not return to Game 4 on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jeff Green (foot) available for Brooklyn in Game 4 June 13th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- Charania: Philadelphia's Danny Green (calf) expected to miss 2-to-3 weeks June 12th, 2021
- 76ers' Danny Green (calf) will not return to Game 3 on Friday June 11th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 3 against Atlanta on Friday June 11th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) listed as questionable on 76ers' Friday Game 3 injury report June 10th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) officially active for 76ers in Game 2 June 8th, 2021