76ers' Ben Simmons to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is progressing in rehab with lower back nerve impingement. He hasn't played since February 22, but if the re-evaluation results in Simmons being cleared, he could be eased back into the rotation just in time for the playoffs. In the meantime, Shake Milton should continue to benefit. Joel Embiid (left shoulder) is in line for monster usage rates to finish the season once he's cleared, which could be as soon as Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
Simmons was averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game prior to the injury. Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the 76ers have the highest implied total (111.25 points) on Wednesday's six-game slate.
- Jon Leuer retires after 8 seasons May 25th, 2020
- Portland's Rodney Hood (Achilles) not ready to return May 23rd, 2020
- Utah's Mike Conley 'will be asked to score and create more' May 19th, 2020
- Jazz's Bojan Bogdanovic undergoing wrist surgery May 18th, 2020
- Detroit's Blake Griffin (knee) 'ready to get back to playing' May 12th, 2020
- Berman: Knicks unsure if Kevin Knox 'is part of their future' April 18th, 2020
- Mike Scott coming off 76ers' bench Wednesday night March 11th, 2020
- Josh Richardson (concussion) replacing Matisse Thybulle in 76ers' lineup Wednesday March 11th, 2020
- Joel Embiid (shoulder) starting on Wednesday for Philadelphia; Mike Scott to bench March 11th, 2020
- Matisse Thybulle moving to 76ers' bench versus Pistons March 11th, 2020
- Joel Embiid (shoulder) available for 76ers on Wednesday following five-game absence March 11th, 2020
- 76ers' Ben Simmons to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks March 11th, 2020