76ers' Ben Simmons to be re-evaluated in 3 weeks
Philadelphia 76ers forward Ben Simmons will be re-evaluated in 3 weeks, per Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Simmons is progressing in rehab with lower back nerve impingement. He hasn't played since February 22, but if the re-evaluation results in Simmons being cleared, he could be eased back into the rotation just in time for the playoffs. In the meantime, Shake Milton should continue to benefit. Joel Embiid (left shoulder) is in line for monster usage rates to finish the season once he's cleared, which could be as soon as Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
Simmons was averaging 43.0 FanDuel points per game prior to the injury. Per numberFire's NBA Heat Map, the 76ers have the highest implied total (111.25 points) on Wednesday's six-game slate.
- Kyrie Irving (ankle) X-rays negative, uncertain for Nets in Game 5 June 14th, 2021
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- Will Barton starting for Denver in Game 4 on Sunday, Austin Rivers coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nuggets' Monte Morris starting in Game 4 on Sunday, Facundo Campazzo coming off the bench June 13th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) will not return to Game 4 on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jeff Green (foot) available for Brooklyn in Game 4 June 13th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for Game 4 on Monday June 13th, 2021
- Charania: Philadelphia's Danny Green (calf) expected to miss 2-to-3 weeks June 12th, 2021
- 76ers' Danny Green (calf) will not return to Game 3 on Friday June 11th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 3 against Atlanta on Friday June 11th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) listed as questionable on 76ers' Friday Game 3 injury report June 10th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) officially active for 76ers in Game 2 June 8th, 2021