Mavericks' Courtney Lee has season-ending calf surgery
Dallas Mavericks guard/forward Courtney Lee suffered a season-ending calf injury during the NBA's hiatus, reports Marc Stein of The New York Times.
The injury required surgery and will keep Lee out of the restart in Orlando. The Mavericks are not expected to waive Lee in order to pick up another player, so look for Delon Wright and J.J. Barea to take on additional minutes. Lee averaged 20.4 minutes in 10 games after the All-Star break, a huge jump from 10.1 minutes before the break. However, his usage rate actually fell from 13.0 percent to 11.3 percent.
Lee has the second-lowest usage rate (11.9 percent) on the Mavericks this season, so his absence doesn't open up too many looks on offense. Wright does see his usage rate rise slightly from 12.2 percent to 14.5 percent when he isn't sharing the floor with Lee.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Mavericks starting Boban Marjanovic for Maxi Kleber on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021
- Luka Doncic (neck) active for Wednesday's Game 5 matchup against Clippers June 2nd, 2021
- Luka Doncic (neck) probable for Mavericks Wednesday June 1st, 2021
- Mavericks' Luka Doncic (neck) available for Game 4 on Sunday May 30th, 2021
- Mavericks' Luka Doncic (cervical strain) expected to play Sunday May 30th, 2021
- Mavericks' Luka Doncic (neck) questionable for Game 4 against Clippers on Sunday May 29th, 2021