Wizards' Bradley Beal (shoulder) sitting out Orlando
Washington Wizards shooting guard Bradley Beal will not participate in the NBA restart due to a shoulder injury.
"This was a difficult decision and one that I did not take lightly as the leader of this team," Beal said. :I wanted to help my teammates compete for a playoff spot in Orlando, but also understand that this will be best for all of us in the long term." Shabazz Napier is the only other player on the Wizards' roster with a usage rate above 20.0 percent, so Beal's decision creates enormous opportunities for the entire team. Ish Smith, Gary Payton II, Troy Brown Jr., and Garrison Matthews are all set up for extended playing time. There are also more shots available for the likes of Thomas Bryant, Moe Wagner, and Rui Hachimura.
Napier has a team-high 25.9 percent usage rate when Beal is off the court this season. Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Wizards are tied for having the worst odds (+25000) to win the NBA Championship.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Washington's Raul Neto starting for injured Davis Bertans on Wednesday June 2nd, 2021
- Wizards' Davis Bertans (calf) out for at least four weeks June 1st, 2021
- Davis Bertans (calf) out for remainder of Monday's Game 4 contest May 31st, 2021
- Russell Westbrook (ankle) will play Monday for Wizards May 31st, 2021
- Wizards' Ish Smith (groin) will play Monday May 31st, 2021
- Wizards starting Daniel Gafford on Monday, Alex Len to bench May 31st, 2021