Nets nearing deal with Michael Beasley
The Brooklyn Nets are moving toward a deal with forward Michael Beasley, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Beasley was waived by the Los Angeles Clippers in February of 2019, and would be the second addition to the Nets roster this week, following their signing of Jamal Crawford earlier on Wednesday. Like Crawford, Beasly would be a good addition to the Nets bench, which is lacking options following multiple opt outs and positive COVID-19 tests from key players. During the 2018-19 season, Beasley averaged 10.7 minutes per game for the Los Angeles Lakers, contributing 7 points, 2.3 rebounds, and 1 assist on average.
Per FanDuel Sportsbook, the Nets have the seventh-worst odds (+16000) to win the 2020 NBA Championship.
- Charlie Culberson hitting sixth for Texas on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 7 showdown with Bucks on Saturday June 18th, 2021
- Jeff Green starting for Brooklyn in Game 6; Bruce Brown to bench June 17th, 2021
- Bruce Brown coming off Nets' bench Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 6 on Thursday June 16th, 2021
- James Harden (hamstring) will play for Brooklyn in Tuesday's Game 5 June 15th, 2021