LaMarcus Aldridge held to 4 points in lopsided Spurs loss
San Antonio Spurs forward/center LaMarcus Aldridge scored 4 points (2-of-8 field goals) with 3 rebounds and a block in 23.3 minutes of a 121-99 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday.
Aldridge has now scored 4 points twice in the past three games. He's averaging the fewest shot attempts (13.5) since his rookie season but is attempting a career-high 3.7 3-pointers per contest and only making a quarter of them. Aldridge's rebounds have also dropped from 7.4 to 4.6 per game and his blocks are down from 1.6 to 0.8. The Spurs' offense has put more emphasis on perimeter play this season and the 35-year-old Aldridge is clearly struggling to adjust. The Spurs will face the Dallas Mavericks on Friday.
Aldridge scored 10.6 FanDuel points on Wednesday and is averaging 24.8 per game for the season. His offensive rating is below 100 and Aldridge's rebound rate is below 10.0 percent for the first time in his career.
- Woj: Blake Griffin, Pistons agree to buyout March 5th, 2021
- Kevon Looney coming off Warriors' bench Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Kent Bazemore coming off Warriors' bench Thursday night March 4th, 2021
- Damion Lee starting for Warriors Thursday; Kent Bazemore to bench March 4th, 2021
- Juan Toscano-Anderson starting for Warriors Thursday in place of injured Draymond Green March 4th, 2021
- Nico Mannion starting for Warriors Thursday in place of Stephen Curry March 4th, 2021
- LaMarcus Aldridge (illness) to remain out for Spurs versus Thunder March 4th, 2021
- Devin Vassell (health protocols) remains out for Spurs Thursday March 3rd, 2021
- San Antonio's Rudy Gay (health protocols) remains out on Thursday March 3rd, 2021
- LaMarcus Aldridge (illness) listed as questionable on San Antonio's Thursday injury report March 3rd, 2021
- Derrick White (health protocols) remains out for Spurs Thursday March 3rd, 2021
- Rudy Gay, other Spurs will remain quarantined until second half March 3rd, 2021