Wendell Carter Jr. (quad) ruled out for Bulls Friday
Chicago Bulls power forward Wendell Carter Jr. (right quad contusion) is out for Friday's game against the Charlotte Hornets.
Carter injured his quad during Wednesday's practice and was listed as doubtful on the previous injury report. Patrick Williams (hip) has been cleared to return after missing the last game. Bulls head coach Billy Donovan recently praised Daniel Gafford for how he has handled inconsistent playing time, so the second-year big could take on an expanded role with Carter out. Lauri Markkanen also figures to see more minutes at the five. In other Bulls news, Tomas Satoransky and Chandler Hutchison are on track to play Friday for the first time in 2021 after recovering from COVID-19.
Gafford is averaging 0.9 FanDuel points per minute without WCJ on the court this season. numberFire's models project him for 21.6 FanDuel points versus the Hornets and he has a salary of $3,500 on Friday. Gafford is numberFire's best value at his position and fourth-best among all players on Friday's 11-game slate.
- Suns' Dario Saric (ankle) questionable to play Friday February 25th, 2021
- Bobby Portis starting for Bucks Thursday in place of D.J. Augustin (personal) February 25th, 2021
- Hornets' Cody Zeller (hip) questionable to play Friday February 25th, 2021
- Devonte' Graham (knee) won't play for Hornets Friday February 25th, 2021
- Tobias Harris (knee) won't return for Philadelphia Thursday night February 25th, 2021
- Hawks' Cam Reddish (Achilles) questionable to play Friday February 25th, 2021
- Bulls-Pistons added to schedule for Wednesday February 16th, 2021
- Bulls want Wendell Carter Jr. to stay around 20 minutes February 16th, 2021
- Hornets undergoing contact tracing, next 2 games postponed February 16th, 2021
- Daniel Gafford coming off Chicago's bench with Wendell Carter Jr. starting on Monday February 15th, 2021
- Wendell Carter Jr. (quad) starting for Bulls Monday; Daniel Gafford to come off bench February 15th, 2021
- Chicago's Wendell Carter Jr. (quad) available for Monday's contest against Pacers February 15th, 2021