Timberwolves' D'Angelo Russell's leg issue result of 'heavy minutes'
Minnesota Timberwolves point guard D'Angelo Russell's sore left leg is the result of playing "heavy minutes," according to head coach Ryan Saunders.
Russell will miss a fourth straight game on Tuesday versus the Los Angeles Lakers. "He's been playing heavy minutes," Saunders replied when asked about Russell's injury. "Ankle, knee, you get sore left leg." Saunders also said the Timberwolves are "continuing to gather information" on the ailment. Ricky Rubio will make another start on Tuesday with Jordan McLaughlin playing more minutes off the bench.
numberFire's models project Rubio for 25.2 FanDuel points versus the Lakers and he has a salary of $5,500 on the six-game slate. Los Angeles ranks in the top-10 in FanDuel points allowed per game to the point guard position this season.
- Miami's Andre Iguodala (hip) questionable for Sunday April 17th, 2021
- Hawks' Danilo Gallinari (foot) out again on Sunday April 17th, 2021
- John Collins (ankle) questionable for Atlanta Sunday April 17th, 2021
- Ersan Ilyasova starting for Jazz Saturday in place of resting Rudy Gobert April 17th, 2021
- Joe Ingles starting for Utah Saturday in place of resting Mike Conley April 17th, 2021
- Wesley Matthews playing with Lakers' second unit on Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Naz Reid coming off Timberwolves' bench Friday night April 16th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) starting for Wolves Friday; Naz Reid back to bench April 16th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) will play for Minnesota Friday night April 15th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) ruled out for Timberwolves again Wednesday April 14th, 2021
- Timberwolves' Naz Reid starting Tuesday afternoon for Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) April 13th, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns (personal) ruled out for Timberwolves Tuesday April 13th, 2021