Damian Lillard drops 43 points, 16 dimes as Portland prevails past Pelicans
Portland Trail Blazers point guard Damian Lillard scored 43 points (14-of-28 field goals, 8-of-8 free throws) with 4 rebounds, 16 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 7 3-pointers, and 4 turnovers in 37.9 minutes of a 126-124 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday.
Lillard matched his career-high in assists and finished a point shy of his high-water mark for the season. He's scored over 30 points and double-doubled in three straight games while shooting 48.1 percent from the field and 41.4 percent on 3-pointers in that stretch. The Trail Blazers will have a couple days off before facing the Washington Wizards on Saturday. Lillard scored 32 points with 8 assists on the second leg of a back-to-back when the two teams met at the beginning of February.
Lillard finished with a season-high 73.8 FanDuel points on Wednesday, second-most among all players on the 10-game slate. He is averaging 6.2 additional FanDuel points per game when C.J. McCollum (foot) out. Lillard will draw a Wizards team on Saturday that is allowing the fourth-most FanDuel points per game to the point guard position this season.
- Timberwolves' Jaylen Nowell (leg) out again on Tuesday April 20th, 2021
- Warriors' Damion Lee (toe) questionable on Wednesday April 20th, 2021
- Raptors' Paul Watson (knee) out on Wednesday April 20th, 2021
- Killian Hayes (injury management) out on Wednesday for Detroit April 20th, 2021
- Pistons' Jerami Grant not on Wednesday's injury report April 20th, 2021
- Pacers' Doug McDermott (ankle) questionable for Wednesday April 20th, 2021
- Damian Lillard (hamstring) reportedly expects to play for Trail Blazers Wednesday April 21st, 2021
- Portland's Jusuf Nurkic resting on Tuesday, available for Wednesday's clash with Denver April 20th, 2021
- Enes Kanter starting for Portland on Tuesday in place of Jusuf Nurkic (rest) April 20th, 2021
- Derrick Jones Jr. starting for Portland on Tuesday, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson coming off the bench April 20th, 2021
- Derrick Jones Jr. coming off the bench for Portland on Sunday April 18th, 2021
- Portland's Rondae Hollis-Jefferson starting on Sunday April 18th, 2021