Shams: Rockets releasing DeMarcus Cousins
The Houston Rockets are releasing forward/center DeMarcus Cousins, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic and Stadium.
Charania reported over the weekend that the Rockets and Cousins were planning to part ways. Houston wants to go smaller and faster in the frontcourt while Cousins will have an opportunity to sign elsewhere. Danuel House should benefit from the Rockets utilizing more small-ball lineups and Justin Patton will play more off the bench while Christian Wood (ankle) is out. Patton played 21 minutes in his season debut Monday and provided 4 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 blocks. House posted 15 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal in 26 minutes.
House scored 28.2 FanDuel points on Monday with a 16.1 percent usage rate. Patton provided 20.2 FanDuel points and led the Rockets with a 113 defensive rating.
- Hawks' Bogdan Bogdanovic (knee) will not return to Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Donovan Mitchell (ankle) available for Jazz in Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Mike Conley (hamstring) starting for Jazz in Game 6 on Friday, Joe Ingles coming off the bench June 18th, 2021
- Utah's Mike Conley (hamstring) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Hawks' Trae Young (shoulder) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Kawhi Leonard (knee) ruled out for Friday's Game 6 matchup June 17th, 2021
- Terance Mann starting for Clippers in Game 5 on Wednesday in place of injured Kawhi Leonard (knee) June 16th, 2021
- Clippers' Kawhi Leonard out indefinitely with right knee sprain June 16th, 2021
- Nicolas Batum back in Clippers' starting lineup Saturday; Ivica Zubac returns to bench June 12th, 2021
- Ivica Zubac coming off Clippers' bench Saturday June 12th, 2021
- Nicolas Batum coming off Clippers' bench in Game 2 June 10th, 2021