Knicks' Taj Gibson (ankle) ruled out for Sunday versus Pistons
The New York Knicks have ruled Taj Gibson (ankle sprain) out for Sunday's game against the Detroit Pistons.
Gibson departed Saturday's game against the Indiana Pacers early with an ankle injury, so it is not very surprising that he'll miss tonight's game just 24 hours removed from suffering the injury.
With Gibson sidelined, Nerlens Noel and Julius Randle figure to continuing seeing heavy usage. While neither can be expected to play over 40 minutes again after each did so in last night's win, they will still likely play big minutes in tonight's game against the Pistons.
- Rui Hachimura (knee) won't return for Wizards Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Luka Samanic starting for Spurs Saturday in place of resting DeMar DeRozan April 17th, 2021
- Drew Eubanks starting for Spurs Saturday in place of resting Jakob Poeltl April 17th, 2021
- Thunder's Josh Hall (knees) ruled out for Sunday April 17th, 2021
- Jaylen Nowell (leg) doubtful for Minnesota Sunday April 17th, 2021
- Wizards' Alex Len (ankle) won't return Saturday April 17th, 2021
- Alec Burks (health protocols) out for Knicks Sunday April 17th, 2021
- Knicks' Taj Gibson coming off the bench on Friday April 16th, 2021
- Nerlens Noel (ankle) active and starting for Knicks on Friday, Taj Gibson coming off the bench April 16th, 2021
- Alec Burks (protocols) ruled out for Knicks against Mavericks April 16th, 2021
- Nerlens Noel (ankle) questionable for Knicks Friday night April 15th, 2021
- Nerlens Noel (ankle) scratched for Knicks Wednesday; Taj Gibson starting April 14th, 2021