Woj: Al Horford, Thunder reach agreement to no longer make him active for games
Oklahoma City Thunder forward/center Al Horford will no longer play in games this season, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
Horford has been resting on back-to-backs all season long to this point, but this goes beyond that. Per Woj, the team has committed to the veteran that it plans to trade him during the offseason. That will be tough, as he still has 2 years and $53 million left on his deal. But either way, the Thunder don't want to risk him getting injured, which would affect his moveability. Horford will remain with the team and practice at the facility, he just won't dress for games. Look for Isaiah Roby and Moses Brown to see the majority of minutes down low going forward.
In 28 games this season, Horford has averaged 14.2 points, 6.7 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 31.6 FanDuel points.
- Charlie Culberson hitting sixth for Texas on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Thunder trade Al Horford to Boston June 18th, 2021
- Moses Brown traded from Thunder to Celtics June 18th, 2021
- Celtics send Kemba Walker, picks to Thunder for Al Horford, Moses Brown June 18th, 2021
- Kemba Walker (knee) ruled out for Celtics Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Celtics' Robert Williams (ankle) doubtful for Game 5 on Tuesday June 1st, 2021
- Boston's Kemba Walker (knee) doubtful for Game 5's matchup against Nets May 31st, 2021