Joel Embiid (knee) ruled out for 76ers Wednesday in Game 5
Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid (knee) is officially out for Game 5 against the Washington Wizards on Wednesday.
The 76ers announced that Embiid has a small lateral meniscus tear in his right knee. The injury will be managed with physical therapy and Embiid is considered day-to-day. Dwight Howard and Mike Scott will likely absorb most of the minutes at center on Wednesday night. Ben Simmons and Tobias Harris will also be asked to do more on offense without Embiid on the floor.
numberFire's models project Simmons for 42.6 FanDuel points on Wednesday and he has a $8,500 salary on tonight's four-game slate. Harris ($8,200) is projected for 43.4 FanDuel points. The 76ers have recorded a -7.7 net rating without Embiid on the court this postseason.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Philadelphia's Joel Embiid (knee) available for Sunday's Game 7 matchup June 20th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers in Game 7 June 20th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 6 on Friday June 18th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Friday June 17th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available and starting in Game 5 on Wednesday June 16th, 2021
- Joel Embiid (knee) questionable for 76ers Wednesday June 16th, 2021