Suns' Chris Paul in COVID-19 protocol, out indefinitely
Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul has entered the NBA's COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined indefinitely, reports Shams Charania of The Athletic.
Shams says Paul's status for the start of the Western Conference finals is "up in the air" as the Suns wait to play the winner of the Los Angeles Clippers-Utah Jazz series. The NBA has not released the schedule for the Western Conference Finals. Cameron Payne would likely see the largest increase in usage if Paul is ruled out.
CP3 is averaging 36.5 FanDuel points per game this postseason. Payne played without Paul once during the regular season and put up 33.8 FanDuel points. The Clippers allowed the eighth-most FanDuel points per game to the point guard position during the regular season and the Jazz allowed the third-fewest.
- Grizzlies getting Eric Bledsoe in multi-player, pick swap July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans acquire Jonas Valanciunas, picks from Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Pelicans send Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe to Grizzlies July 26th, 2021
- Thanasis Antetokounmpo (health protocols) ruled out for Bucks in Game 5 July 17th, 2021
- Dario Saric (knee) won't return for Suns in Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Bobby Portis coming off Bucks' bench in NBA Finals Game 1 July 6th, 2021
- Suns' Dario Saric tears ACL, out indefinitely July 7th, 2021
- Suns' Cam Johnson (illness) out for Game 6 on Wednesday June 30th, 2021
- Abdel Nader (knee) available for Suns in Game 4 June 26th, 2021
- Suns' Cameron Payne (ankle) available for Game 4 on Saturday June 26th, 2021
- Cameron Payne coming off Suns' bench Thursday with Chris Paul starting June 24th, 2021
- Chris Paul (health protocols) will start in Phoenix's Thursday Game 3 lineup June 24th, 2021