Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls
Free agent point guard Lonzo Ball is agreeing to a four-year, $85 million deal with the Chicago Bulls in a sign-and-trade with the New Orleans Pelicans.
The New Orleans Pelicans are sending Ball to the Bulls in exchange for Tomas Satoransky, Garrett Temple and a second-round pick. Ball is joining his third team in five seasons since being taken by the Los Angeles Lakers with the No. 2 pick in 2017. Zach LaVine stands to benefit from having Ball in the backcourt and the addition should lead to easier looks for Nikola Vucevic down low. Coby White, however, is likely going to have his playing time slashed.
Lonzo averaged 32.9 FanDuel points and 31.8 minutes in 55 games for the Pelicans last season. He has improved his true shooting percentage every year, including a 55.1 percent mark in 2020-21. Ball also raised his 3-point attempt rate to 65.0 percent last year, up from his previous career-high of 57.5 percent in 2019-20.
- Charlie Culberson hitting sixth for Texas on Friday evening September 24th, 2021
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Timberwolves reportedly trade Ricky Rubio to Cavaliers July 29th, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls' Lauri Markkanen starting on Sunday in place of Nikola Vucevic (rest) May 16th, 2021
- Nikola Vucevic (rest) listed out for Bulls Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Garrett Temple starting for Chicago Saturday in place of injured Zach LaVine May 15th, 2021
- Tomas Satoransky (ankle) remains out for Chicago Saturday May 15th, 2021