Chris Paul (groin) misses Suns practice Wednesday
Phoenix Suns point guard Chris Paul (groin) didn't participate in Wednesday's practice, per head coach Monty Williams.
Paul is expected to miss at least Games 3-5 after he injured his groin during the third quarter of Monday's Game 2 loss to the Denver Nuggets. Cameron Payne is the favorite to replace Paul in the starting lineup and Landry Shamet could benefit off the bench. There will also be more ball-handling opportunities for Kevin Durant and Devin Booker.
numberFire's models project Payne for 30.1 minutes and 29.0 FanDuel points in Game 3 on Friday. The Nuggets ranked 14th this season in FanDuel points allowed per game to opposing point guards.
- Michael Conforto starting Sunday for San Francisco October 1st, 2023
- Portland acquires Deandre Ayton in trade with Phoenix September 27th, 2023
- Grayson Allen traded to Suns in 3-team deal on Wednesday September 27th, 2023
- Bucks deal Jrue Holiday to Portland on Wednesday September 27th, 2023
- Trail Blazers send Jusuf Nurkic to Suns on Wednesday September 27th, 2023
- Bucks acquire Damian Lillard in 3-team trade September 27th, 2023
- Draymond Green signs 4-year contract with Warriors on Friday June 30th, 2023
- Warriors' Andrew Wiggins (ribs) available for Game 6 on Friday May 12th, 2023
- Warriors' Andrew Wiggins (ribs) questionable for Friday May 11th, 2023
- Gary Payton II starting for Warriors in Game 5 Monday; JaMychal Green moving to bench May 8th, 2023
- JaMychal Green not in Warriors' starting five for Game 4 Monday May 8th, 2023
- Warriors' Kevon Looney (illness) coming off the bench for Game 2 on Thursday May 4th, 2023