Grizzlies' Ja Morant suspended 25 games by NBA
Memphis Grizzlies point guard Ja Morant is being suspended 25 games by the NBA for conduct detrimental to the league.
The league announced the suspension on Friday morning. Morant posed with a firearm during a live-stream on May 13, less than two months after the Grizzlies suspended him eight games for a similar incident on March 4. Tyus Jones is currently in place to be the Grizzlies' starting point guard for the first 25 games of the season.
Jones had a 19.6% usage rate and averaged 38.5 FanDuel points in 20 games without Morant last season, with 16.8 points, 4.2 rebounds, 8.2 assists, 2.0 steals, and 1.9 3-pointers per contest.
- Charania: Austin Reaves (illness) plans to play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Championship matchup December 9th, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) will play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Tournament Finals matchup December 9th, 2023
- LeBron James (calf) available for Los Angeles on Saturday night December 9th, 2023
- Jarred Vanderbilt (heel) active for Lakers on Saturday December 9th, 2023
- MacMahon: Kyrie Irving diagnosed with foot bruise, status for Monday's matchup versus Memphis 'yet to be determined' December 9th, 2023
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown ejected on Friday December 8th, 2023
- Jaylen Nowell playing with Memphis second unit on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Grizzlies starting Derrick Rose (ankle) on Wednesday, Jaylen Nowell to bench December 6th, 2023
- Derrick Rose (ankle) not listed on Grizzlies' Wednesday injury report December 5th, 2023
- Ziaire Williams (illness) not listed on Memphis' Wednesday injury report December 5th, 2023
- Grizzlies starting Jaylen Nowell for inactive Derrick Rose (ankle) on Saturday December 2nd, 2023
- Ziaire Williams (illness) inactive for Memphis on Saturday December 2nd, 2023