Grizzlies trade Tyus Jones to Wizards in five-player deal
The Washington Wizards are acquiring point guard Tyus Jones in a three-team trade with the Memphis Grizzlies and Boston Celtics.
Chris Paul isn't expected to stay on the Wizards' roster, so Jones is in position to be the starting point guard and play a signficiant role next season. The Grizzlies are acquiring Marcus Smart in the trade and the Celtics are landing Kristaps Porzingis. Smart will now be Memphis' starting point guard to begin the season while Ja Morant serves his 25-game suspension. Monte Morris and Delon Wright could take a hit with Jones now in the picture.
Jones had a 17.7% usage rate last season and averaged 23.0 FanDuel points in 24.3 minutes per game, with 10.3 points, 2.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1.0 steals, and 1.5 3-pointers per contest. As a starter, he averaged 16.4 points, 4.0 rebounds, 8.1 assists, 1.8 steals, and 2.0 3-pointers.
- Charania: Austin Reaves (illness) plans to play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Championship matchup December 9th, 2023
- Anthony Davis (adductor/hip) will play in Lakers' Saturday In-Season Tournament Finals matchup December 9th, 2023
- LeBron James (calf) available for Los Angeles on Saturday night December 9th, 2023
- Jarred Vanderbilt (heel) active for Lakers on Saturday December 9th, 2023
- MacMahon: Kyrie Irving diagnosed with foot bruise, status for Monday's matchup versus Memphis 'yet to be determined' December 9th, 2023
- Celtics' Jaylen Brown ejected on Friday December 8th, 2023
- Daniel Gafford (ankle) available Friday for Wizards December 8th, 2023
- Daniel Gafford (ankle) questionable for Washington on Friday December 7th, 2023
- Washington's Johnny Davis (calf) ruled out on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Jordan Poole (ankle) available for Washington on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Washington's Landry Shamet (rib) ruled out on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Wizards' Johnny Davis (calf) could be questionable Wednesday December 5th, 2023