Hornets sign LaMelo Ball to 5-year max extension
Charlotte Hornets guard LaMelo Ball has signed a 5-year extension, according to Shams Charania of The Athletics.
Ball's deal is worth a whopping $260 million, the maximum for his current status. It'll keep the exciting point guard - still only 21 years old - in Charlotte indefinitely. While the Hornets have struggled to build around him, the selection of Brandon Miller in last week's draft offers hope of a brighter future.
In 36 games last season, Ball averaged 23.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, 8.4 assists and 44.8 FanDuel points.
- Zach LaVine (foot) shoots with Bulls Tuesday morning November 28th, 2023
- Tari Eason (leg) available Tuesday for Houston November 28th, 2023
- Jae'Sean Tate (knee) cleared for Rockets Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Sacramento's Keegan Murray (back) remains out on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Houston's Fred VanVleet (thumb) available on Tuesday November 28th, 2023
- Dillon Brooks (adductor) active for Houston's Tuesday matchup November 28th, 2023
- Hornets' James Bouknight (knee) available Tuesday for season debut November 28th, 2023
- LaMelo Ball (ankle) ruled out Tuesday for Hornets versus Knicks November 28th, 2023
- Charlotte's LaMelo Ball (ankle) doubtful to play Tuesday November 27th, 2023
- LaMelo Ball (ankle) will not return Sunday for Hornets November 26th, 2023
- Brandon Miller coming off Hornets' bench on Sunday November 26th, 2023
- Terry Rozier (groin) joining starting five for Hornets Sunday; Brandon Miller moving to bench November 26th, 2023