Heat officially waive Chris Bosh, retire number
The Miami Heat officially waived forward/center Chris Bosh on Tuesday.
"We will forever be indebted to CB for how he changed this team and led us to four trips to the NBA Finals and two NBA Championships," said Heat President Pat Riley. "He is, without a doubt, one of the greatest players in the history of the franchise. The number '1' will never be worn by another player and we can't wait to someday hang his jersey in the rafters." Bosh remains on blood thinners and still hasn't been medically cleared to play in the NBA again. His last game was on February 19, 2016.
Over six seasons with the Heat, Bosh averaged 18.0 points, 7.3 rebounds, 1.8 assists, 0.9 steals, 0.9 blocks, and 0.7 3-pointers in 34.2 minutes per game.
- Nuggets' Michael Porter Jr. (back) available for Game 3 on Friday June 11th, 2021
- 76ers' Danny Green (calf) will not return to Game 3 on Friday June 11th, 2021
- Mike Conley (hamstring) questionable for Jazz in Game 3 on Saturday June 11th, 2021
- 76ers' Joel Embiid (knee) available for Game 3 against Atlanta on Friday June 11th, 2021
- Michael Porter Jr. (back) probable Friday for Nuggets in Game 3 June 11th, 2021
- Nicolas Batum coming off Clippers' bench in Game 2 June 10th, 2021
- Goran Dragic starting for Miami Thursday; Kendrick Nunn to bench May 27th, 2021
- Gabe Vincent starting in Miami's Sunday lineup for resting Trevor Ariza May 16th, 2021
- Precious Achiuwa starting for Miami on Sunday in place of Bam Adebayo (rest) May 16th, 2021
- Heat starting Tyler Herro for inactive Kendrick Nunn on Sunday May 16th, 2021
- Goran Dragic (back) inactive for Heat's Sunday matchup against Pistons May 16th, 2021
- Andre Iguodala (rest) out for Miami Sunday night May 16th, 2021