James Johnson, Heat working on deal
The Miami Heat and unrestricted free agent James Johnson are "working on something", according to Johnson's agent, Mark Bartelstein.
With Gordon Hayward off the market and the Utah Jazz pursuing Johnson, the Heat are ramping up their efforts to re-sign the 30-year-old forward. And, with Chris Bosh's contract off the books (for now), the Heat have the cap space to weigh their options at the forward spots.
This past season, Johnson averaged 12.8 points per game on 47.9% shooting from the floor. He had a real breakout season and, with a 1.6 nERD, rated out as the Heat's fifth-best player.
- Evan Fournier signs four-year deal with Knicks August 2nd, 2021
- Bulls sign Alex Caruso to 4-year, $37 million deal August 2nd, 2021
- Suns sign Chris Paul to massive extension August 2nd, 2021
- Kyle Lowry joining Heat with 3-year contract August 2nd, 2021
- Pistons sign Kelly Olynyk to 3-year deal August 2nd, 2021
- Lonzo Ball leaving Pelicans in sign-and-trade with Bulls August 2nd, 2021
- Suns reportedly acquire Landry Shamet in trade with Nets July 29th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 7 showdown with Bucks on Saturday June 18th, 2021
- Jeff Green starting for Brooklyn in Game 6; Bruce Brown to bench June 17th, 2021
- Bruce Brown coming off Nets' bench Thursday June 17th, 2021
- Nets' Kyrie Irving (ankle) out for Game 6 on Thursday June 16th, 2021
- James Harden (hamstring) will play for Brooklyn in Tuesday's Game 5 June 15th, 2021