Report: Pelicans to acquire Bulls' Nikola Mirotic
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, the New Orleans Pelicans are finalizing a deal to acquire Chicago Bulls forward Nikola Mirotic.
The two teams had a deal in place earlier in the week, but things fell through. The issue was whether or not the Pelicans could guarantee Mirotic's $12.5 million for next season. But Woj is reporting that they will now, so it's Mirotic to New Orleans for Omer Asik and a future first-rounder. Bobby Portis will benefit most in Chicago while the Pelicans get some frontcourt help with DeMarcus Cousins (Achilles) out for the rest of the season.
Through 25 games, Mirotic is averaging 16.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.8 threes per game. His 2.0 nERD leads the Bulls to this point in the season.
- Kyle Kuzma (calf) questionable for Lakers on Saturday April 9th, 2021
- Portland's Jusuf Nurkic (knee) out again on Saturday April 9th, 2021
- Lakers' Marc Gasol (hamstring) questionable for Saturday April 9th, 2021
- Rockets' Avery Bradley starting on Friday in place of injured John Wall (knee) April 9th, 2021
- Detroit's Wayne Ellington (rest) out on Saturday April 9th, 2021
- Pistons' Jerami Grant (knee) out on Saturday April 9th, 2021
- Bryn Forbes starting for Milwaukee on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Jeff Teague starting for Bucks on Friday April 9th, 2021
- Jordan Nwora starting for Milwaukee on Friday in place of injured Khris Middleton April 9th, 2021
- Bucks starting Thanasis Antetokounmpo in Friday's lineup against Hornets April 9th, 2021
- Milwaukee's Brook Lopez (back) out for Friday's game against Hornets April 9th, 2021
- Khris Middleton (knee) ruled out for Milwaukee Friday night April 9th, 2021