GWU's Yuta Watanabe expected to miss three weeks
George Washington Colonials' forward Yuta Watanabe is expected to miss roughly three weeks with a calf injury, according to Ben Standig of CSN Mid Atlantic.
Watanabe has already missed two games due to the injury and is in line to sit out the next five games at minimum. The junior forward was in the midst of his best season so far with the Colonials as he was averaging 13.4 points, 5.2 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks per game in five games.
Besides the career-high points and boards, Watanabe is also posting his highest true shooting percentage (.570) and offensive rating (120.5).
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Jordan Roland scores a career-high for George Washington on Thursday December 16th, 2016
- GWU's Yuta Watanabe expected to miss three weeks December 2nd, 2016