Baylor's Johnathan Motley undergoes surgery on his torn MCL
Baylor Bears junior forward Johnathan Motley underwent surgery to repair a torn MCL this week and is looking at a four-to-six week recovery, per John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
Motley has still not made a decision on if he is entering the NBA Draft this year. He has until April 23 to make a decision. The forward is currently projected as a second-round pick, but it is unclear if the recent surgery will affect his draft stock.
Motley averaged 17.3 points, 9.9 rebounds, 2.3 assists, and 1.1 blocks per game in his junior season.
- Virginia named 1st seed in South Region March 18th, 2019
- North Carolina claims top seed in Midwest region March 18th, 2019
- Gonzaga earns No. 1 seed in the West March 18th, 2019
- Duke earns top seed in the NCAA tournament March 18th, 2019
- Kansas punches ticket to Final Four with 85-81 victory over Duke March 25th, 2018
- Villanova advances to Final Four for second time in three seasons with victory over Texas Tech March 25th, 2018
- Allerik Freeman leaving Baylor for NC State April 20th, 2017
- Baylor's Johnathan Motley testing the NBA Draft waters April 10th, 2017
- Baylor's Johnathan Motley undergoes surgery on his torn MCL April 7th, 2017
- Al Freeman transferring from Baylor for final year of eligibility March 28th, 2017
- Baylor's Manu Lecomte expected to be available to play in Big 12 Tournament March 7th, 2017
- Johnathan Motley excels in Baylor's win over West Virginia February 28th, 2017