Saints reportedly acquiring Giants 2016 first-rounder Eli Apple
The New Orleans Saints are acquiring defensive back Eli Apple from the New York Giants for a 2019 fourth-round pick and 2020 seventh-round pick, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
It isn't Patrick Peterson, but the 5-1 Saints still managed to improve a secondary that enters Week 8 among the bottom-five defenses in passing yards allowed per game (293.7). New Orleans is now without a first-, third-, or fourth-round pick in the 2019 draft. Apple was 10th overall pick in 2016.
Apple recorded 22 tackles with 5 pass deflections and 1 forced fumble in five games for the Giants.
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham (core) undergoes successful surgery January 21st, 2020
- A.J. Green 'definitely' a priority for Bengals January 21st, 2020
- 49ers' Tevin Coleman suffered dislocated shoulder January 21st, 2020
- San Francisco's Raheem Mostert accumulates 220 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns in Sunday's NFC Championship win over Green Bay January 19th, 2020
- Titans' Ryan Tannehill throws 2 touchdowns in Sunday's AFC Championship loss to Kansas City January 19th, 2020
- Saints' Taysom Hill accumulates 125 yards and a score in Sunday's overtime loss to Minnesota January 5th, 2020
- Antonio Brown works out with New Orleans Friday December 27th, 2019
- Saints' Drew Brees (knee) limited on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Drew Brees throws for 279 yards, 3 scores on Sunday for New Orleans December 23rd, 2019
- New Orleans' Michael Thomas sets single-season catch record in Week 16's victory over Titans December 22nd, 2019
- Alvin Kamara records 89 scoreless yards for Saints December 17th, 2019