Bruce Irvin inks 1-year deal with Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin to a 1-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots offered more money but Irvin cared more about playing for his hometown team. As a unit, Atlanta is tied with the New Orleans Saints for fifth-fewest sacks in the league this season. Irvin, 31, was waived by the Oakland Raiders last week.
Irvin has 40 sacks and 15 forced fumbles over 98 career games.
- Keenan Allen (hamstring) misses Chargers' Wednesday practice October 5th, 2022
- Washington's Jahan Dotson (hamstring) absent on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Cardinals' Marquise Brown (foot) DNP on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Giants' Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) limited on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Gabe Davis (ankle) fully practices with Bills on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Buffalo's Isaiah McKenzie (concussion) DNP on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- David Montgomery (ankle) misses Bears practice Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Velus Jones (hamstring) active for Bears in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Bears' Velus Jones Jr. (hamstring) expected to make season debut in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Chicago's David Montgomery (ankle/knee) ruled out in Week 4 September 30th, 2022
- Bears' David Montgomery (ankle, knee) absent again on Thursday September 29th, 2022
- Bears' David Montgomery (ankle, knee) DNP on Wednesday September 28th, 2022