Bruce Irvin inks 1-year deal with Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin to a 1-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots offered more money but Irvin cared more about playing for his hometown team. As a unit, Atlanta is tied with the New Orleans Saints for fifth-fewest sacks in the league this season. Irvin, 31, was waived by the Oakland Raiders last week.
Irvin has 40 sacks and 15 forced fumbles over 98 career games.
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Carroll: Gerald Everett will be "real threat" in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Russell Wilson excited for Seahawks' new "super complex" offense June 13th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Seahawks' Jamal Adams (shoulders, fingers) will require offseason surgery January 10th, 2021
- Seattle's Rashaad Penny inactive for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 9th, 2021
- Alex Collins promoted to Seattle's active roster for Saturday's playoff matchup against Rams January 8th, 2021