Bruce Irvin inks 1-year deal with Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin to a 1-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots offered more money but Irvin cared more about playing for his hometown team. As a unit, Atlanta is tied with the New Orleans Saints for fifth-fewest sacks in the league this season. Irvin, 31, was waived by the Oakland Raiders last week.
Irvin has 40 sacks and 15 forced fumbles over 98 career games.
- Schefter: Malcolm Brown (finger) expected to play for Rams in Week 3 September 22nd, 2020
- Josh Jacobs takes 30 touches as Las Vegas wins stadium debut September 22nd, 2020
- Hunter Renfrow records 37 yards in Raiders' win September 22nd, 2020
- Jared Cook finds New Orleans' end zone in 13-yard night September 22nd, 2020
- Emmanuel Sanders erased in Saints' loss September 22nd, 2020
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith turns 7 targets into 86 yards September 22nd, 2020
- Chris Carson totals 108 yards, touchdown in Seahawks win September 21st, 2020
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson throws for 322 yards and 4 touchdowns in Week 1 win against Falcons September 13th, 2020
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (knee) placed on reserve/PUP list September 5th, 2020
- Greg Olsen 'chomping at the bit' for reps in Seahawks camp September 4th, 2020
- Josh Gordon re-signs with Seahawks for 2020 September 3rd, 2020
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf 'an unbelievable worker' August 28th, 2020