Bruce Irvin inks 1-year deal with Falcons
The Atlanta Falcons signed defensive lineman Bruce Irvin to a 1-year, $1.5 million contract.
The Pittsburgh Steelers and New England Patriots offered more money but Irvin cared more about playing for his hometown team. As a unit, Atlanta is tied with the New Orleans Saints for fifth-fewest sacks in the league this season. Irvin, 31, was waived by the Oakland Raiders last week.
Irvin has 40 sacks and 15 forced fumbles over 98 career games.
- Jordan Howard (shoulder) practicing for Eagles Thursday December 12th, 2019
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert has 'earned' lead role, coach Kyle Shanahan says December 12th, 2019
- T.Y. Hilton (calf) to return to Colts' practice Thursday December 12th, 2019
- Julian Edelman (knee, shoulder) back at Patriots practice December 12th, 2019
- Derrick Henry (hamstring) 'ready to go' for Titans Week 15 December 12th, 2019
- Dolphins' DeVante Parker still in concussion protocol December 12th, 2019
- Carolina's Greg Olsen (concussion) participates in Wednesday's practice December 11th, 2019
- Carolina's Greg Olsen (concussion) officially ruled out for Week 14's game against Atlanta December 6th, 2019
- Greg Olsen (concussion) not practicing for Panthers again December 5th, 2019
- Greg Olsen (concussion) misses Panthers practice Wednesday December 4th, 2019
- Panthers' Cam Newton to reportedly undergo surgery on broken foot December 4th, 2019
- Panthers fire Ron Rivera, Perry Fewell to serve as interim head coach December 3rd, 2019