Saints' Sheldon Rankins' MRI reportedly confirms torn Achilles
New Orleans Saints defensive tackle Sheldon Rankins tore his Achilles' tendon in Sunday's Divisional Round win over the Philadelphia Eagles, an MRI confirmed, per Nick Underhill of The New Orleans Advocate.
Rankins will undergo surgery this week and there's a solid chance he opens next season on the reserve/PUP list. The 2016 first-rounder is coming off his best campaign in the pros and will be missed when the Saints square off with the Los Angeles Rams in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.
Rankins recorded 39 tackles (26 solo), 8 sacks, and 15 quarterback hits in 2018.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Jets' Tyler Kroft (chest) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 3's game against Denver September 26th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021