Texans reportedly releasing Demaryius Thomas
The Houston Texans are expected to release wide receiver Demaryius Thomas on Tuesday, reports James Palmer of NFL Network.
The Texans acquired Thomas from the Denver Broncos for a fourth-round pick in October, but he's due $14 million in 2019, so it wound up being more of a rental than long-term investment. He only caught 23 passes for 275 yards and 2 touchdowns in seven games for Houston before suffering an Achilles' tear. Thomas turned 31 in December.
DT caught 59 passes for 677 yards and 5 touchdowns on 89 targets in 15 games last season.
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard explodes for 143 yards in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Oakland's Darren Waller accumulates 122 receiving yards in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Rams' Tyler Higbee records 12 receptions for 111 yards in Week 15's defeat to Dallas December 15th, 2019
- Atlanta's Julio Jones hauls in 13 receptions for 134 yards and 2 touchdowns in Week 15 December 15th, 2019
- Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott piles up 160 scrimmage yards and 2 scores in Week 15's win over Rams December 15th, 2019
- Arizona's Kenyan Drake scores 4 touchdowns in Week 15's victory over Cleveland December 15th, 2019
- Jamison Crowder scores 2 touchdowns for Jets December 13th, 2019
- Le'Veon Bell rushes for season-high 87 yards in Jets' loss December 13th, 2019
- Sam Darnold does fine in Jets' loss December 13th, 2019
- Jets' Demaryius Thomas (hamstring, knee) out for Week 15 December 12th, 2019
- Jets put Ryan Griffin (ankle) on injured reserve December 12th, 2019
- Jets' Ryan Griffin (ankle) will not play in Week 15's matchup against Baltimore December 11th, 2019