Bears to release kicker Cody Parkey at start of league year
The Chicago Bears have decided to release kicker Cody Parkey at the start of the league year (March 13) according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Parkey famously double-doinked the game-winning kick for the Bears in the Wild Card Round of the playoffs this season. His decision to appear on the Today Show following the miss was the final straw that prompted the Bears to decide to part ways after one season.
Parkey struggled in 2018, connecting on only 23-of-30 (76.7%) field goal attempts while missing 3 extra points kicks.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) to be Week 3 GTD for Browns September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) practicing in full for Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Browns place Jarvis Landry (knee) on IR September 21st, 2021
- Jarvis Landry 'week-to-week' for Browns with knee sprain September 20th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) will not return against Texans September 19th, 2021
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (knee) questionable to return against Houston in Week 2 September 19th, 2021