Lions won't limit Kerryon Johnson in 2019, running backs coach says
Detroit Lions running backs coach Kyle Caskey said "nobody’s setting a number" on how many touches running back Kerryon Johnson receives this upcoming season.
Johnson did suffer a season-ending knee injury last season, but led Detroit in rushing last season with 641 yards, despite getting just 118 carries (36 fewer than LeGarrette Blount). The Lions backfield is crowded, but Johnson should still see a serious uptick volume in 2019, especially if receiving back Theo Riddick is cut in the roster crunch.
Our models forecast Johnson to rush for 1,038.06 yards on 215.31 carries and 5.32 touchdowns. He is also projected to catch 40.76 passes for 291.65 yards.
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Schefter: Aaron Rodgers turned down extension offer from Packers July 20th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hamstring) reportedly will be ready for Patriots' training camp July 20th, 2021
- Rams' Cam Akers out for season with torn Achilles July 20th, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Kempski: Philadelphia's Jalen Reagor 'highly likely to start once again in 2021' July 12th, 2021
- Dallas Goedert to be 'featured' in Eagles' new offense July 6th, 2021
- Travis Fulgham expected to open Eagles' camp in three-wide sets June 21st, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- Eagles fire head coach Doug Pederson January 11th, 2021