Lions won't limit Kerryon Johnson in 2019, running backs coach says
Detroit Lions running backs coach Kyle Caskey said "nobody’s setting a number" on how many touches running back Kerryon Johnson receives this upcoming season.
Johnson did suffer a season-ending knee injury last season, but led Detroit in rushing last season with 641 yards, despite getting just 118 carries (36 fewer than LeGarrette Blount). The Lions backfield is crowded, but Johnson should still see a serious uptick volume in 2019, especially if receiving back Theo Riddick is cut in the roster crunch.
Our models forecast Johnson to rush for 1,038.06 yards on 215.31 carries and 5.32 touchdowns. He is also projected to catch 40.76 passes for 291.65 yards.
- Bills sign safety Micah Hyde to 2-year contract extension March 5th, 2021
- Rapoport: Alex Smith, Washington to part ways March 1st, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Eagles sending Carson Wentz to Colts in exchange for pair of picks February 18th, 2021
- J.J. Watt granted release from Texans February 12th, 2021
- Rams trade Jared Goff, picks, to Lions for Matthew Stafford January 31st, 2021
- Lions trade Matthew Stafford to Rams for Jared Goff January 31st, 2021
- Rapoport: 'Expect a trade' involving Lions' Matthew Stafford before Super Bowl LV January 30th, 2021
- Lions "to begin discussing trade options" for Matthew Stafford January 24th, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) officially active for Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Lions' Matthew Stafford (ankle, ribs, thumb) expected to play in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021