Jerick McKinnon (knee) expected to start 2019 on 49ers' IR
San Francisco 49ers running back Jerick McKinnon (knee) is expected to begin the season on injured reserve, per The Athletic's Matt Barrows.
McKinnon recently suffered a setback with his surgically-repaired knee. The 49ers will likely wait until closer to Week 1 before making a decision on McKinnon's availability. Tevin Coleman and Matt Breida should be able to create even more separation on the depth chart in the meantime.
McKinnon has 474 rush attempts for 1,918 yards and 7 touchdowns over 58 career games. He's also caught 142 passes on 191 targets for 984 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Aaron Jones fumbles, drops touchdown in Packers' win October 15th, 2019
- Jamaal Williams racks up 136 yards, touchdown for Packers in return October 15th, 2019
- Kenny Golladay catches 5 passes for 121 yards in Lions' loss October 15th, 2019
- Aaron Rodgers leads Packers in Monday night comeback October 15th, 2019
- Matthew Stafford, Lions lose to Packers, refs October 15th, 2019
- Green Bay's Geronimo Allison (concussion, chest) questionable to return October 14th, 2019
- San Francisco's Deebo Samuel (groin) day-to-day October 14th, 2019
- San Francisco's George Kittle shrugs off groin injury, produces 8-103 in Week 6 October 13th, 2019
- George Kittle (groin) active for 49ers in Week 6 October 13th, 2019
- San Francisco's George Kittle (groin) questionable for Week 6's matchup against the Rams October 11th, 2019
- 49ers lose right tackle Mike McGlinchey (knee) 4-6 weeks October 10th, 2019
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel has 1 catch in victory October 8th, 2019