Patriots' Matt LaCosse out with ankle injury
New England Patriots tight end Matt LaCosse (ankle) has been ruled out for the second preseason game.
Sports medical analyst David J. Chao surmises that LaCosse is dealing with a high-ankle sprain, which would put his Week 1 status in doubt. Eric Saubert, Stephen Anderson, and Lance Kendricks are in the mix for tight end snaps while Ben Watson is suspended.
numberFire's models project LaCosse for 387.6 yards and 1.42 touchdowns on 33.2 receptions (59.6 targets) this season. He's just within the top-30 tight ends in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman (shoulder surgery) expected healthy for offseason January 21st, 2020
- Patriots' Tom Brady intends to return in 2020 January 9th, 2020
- Patriots in 'wait and see' mode with Tom Brady January 3rd, 2020
- Julian Edelman (knee, shoulder) questionable for Patriots on Saturday January 2nd, 2020
- Patriots' Julian Edelman feels better than 'last few weeks' January 2nd, 2020
- Tom Brady held to 221 yards Sunday in Patriots' loss December 30th, 2019