Jets part ways with backup running back Elijah McGuire
The New York Jets have waived running back Elijah McGuire.
McGuire was deemed expendable with the Jets opting to keep Ty Montgomery and Bilal Powell as Le'Veon Bell's backups. McGuire should find a new job soon as he was reasonably productive when asked to start in 2018 for New York. The Houston Texans are an obvious candidate for potential suitors for McGuire.
McGuire collected 276 rushing yards, 193 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns on 111 touches for the Jets in 2018.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021