Sam Darnold (mono) eyeing Week 5 return for Jets
New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold (mono) is targeting a Week 5 return.
Darnold will miss a second straight game on Sunday against the New England Patriots and then the Jets are on bye in Week 4. If he does return in Week 5, it will be on the road versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Luke Falk is starting for the Jets in New England. Trevor Siemian was placed on injured reserve with an ankle injury.
Darnold completed 28-of-41 passes (68.3 percent) for 175 yards (4.3 yards per attempt) and 1 touchdown in the Jets' 17-16 Week 1 loss to the Buffalo Bills. He finished with 13.5 FanDuel points.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson provides 38 yards on 6 targets September 20th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021