Patriots place Stephen Gostkowski on injured reserve
The New England Patriots placed kicker Stephen Gostkowski on season-ending injured reserve.
The Patriots didn't provide details on the injury, but a report from ESPN said Gostkowski suffered a left hip injury. That could explain why he struggled on extra points over the first four games. The 35-year-old veteran has attempted every kick for the Patriots since the start of the 2011 season. It's not clear who will take over for New England in Sunday's Week 5 matchup against Washington Redskins.
Gostkowski made 11-of-15 extra points (73.3 percent) and 7-of-8 field goals (87.5 percent) this season.
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Titans cut Mike Badgley, elevate Randy Bullock September 14th, 2021
- Titans' Sam Ficken (groin) placed on injured reserve September 11th, 2021
- A.J. Brown (knee) returns to Titans' practice Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee) DNP on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Titans activate Ryan Tannehill from COVID-19 list September 5th, 2021
- Titans' Brian Hill placed on injured reserve August 29th, 2021