Andy Isabella to play 'mostly outside' for Cardinals
Arizona Cardinals rookie wide receiver Andy Isabella is going to play mostly outside "for the time being," per head coach Kliff Kingsbury.
Christian Kirk (ankle) and Damiere Byrd (hamstring) are expected to miss Sunday's Week 5 game against the Cincinnati Bengals, so Kingsbury is going with Isabella, KeeSean Johnson, and Trent Sherfield on the outside. Larry Fitzgerald and Pharaoh Cooper have been tabbed for slot duties. Isabella, the 62nd overall pick in this year's draft, still hasn't seen an NFL target.
The Cardinals face a Bengals defense in Week 5 that is 13th in the NFL in receiving yards allowed per game, though that's largely because they've been gashed on the ground (27th).
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray expected to play "some snaps" against Chiefs on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter hitting fifth for Cardinals on Saturday night August 14th, 2021
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk (undisclosed) back at practice Thursday August 5th, 2021
- Chase Edmonds reportedly the favorite to be Cardinals' featured back July 8th, 2021
- Cardinals' Rondale Moore excelling at "making the first guy miss" June 21st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray looking to run less this season June 10th, 2021