Saquon Barkley (ankle) reportedly unlikely to return for Giants Thursday
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley (ankle) is unlikely to play in Thursday night's Week 6 game against the New England Patriots, reports ESPN's Jordan Raanan.
Barkley returned to a limited practice last Friday, less than two weeks after suffering a high-ankle sprain, but Ranaan says it's still looking too early for the super sophomore to be cleared for game action. Wayne Gallman (concussion) is also going to sit, so undrafted rookie Jon Hilliman and fullback Elijhaa Penny will handle rushing duties for the Giants in a brutal Thursday night matchup. Barkley is on track for a return in Week 7.
The Giants take on a Patriots defense in Week 6 that is 3rd in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game and has only given up two touchdowns through five games.
- Rams' Gerald Everett (knee) misses practice again Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Bears' Roquan Smith (pectoral) won't return Thursday in Week 14 December 5th, 2019
- Cowboys' Tony Pollard (ankle) out for Cowboys in Week 14 December 5th, 2019
- Juju Smith-Schuster (knee) still out for Pittsburgh on Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Marquise Brown (ankle) appears on Ravens' injury report December 5th, 2019
- Colts' Marlon Mack (hand) cleared for full practice December 5th, 2019
- Giants' Golden Tate (concussion) practices in full Thursday December 5th, 2019
- Evan Engram (foot) expected back for Giants on Monday December 4th, 2019
- Daniel Jones (ankle) in walking boot, Eli Manning 'very likely' to start for Giants Week 14 December 4th, 2019
- Golden Tate (concussion) ruled out for Giants in Week 13 November 29th, 2019
- Evan Engram (foot) officially ruled out for Giants again November 29th, 2019
- Evan Engram (foot) expected to sit again for Giants versus Packers November 29th, 2019